Shin-An World Baduk Masters is a professional tournament in South Korea for players over 45 years old. The North American Go Federation, along with the San Francisco Go Club, will host a qualification tournament to select one player to represent North America in this tournament. For North America, both professional and amateur players are accepted.
The nominated player must attend the tournament in person in South Korea. The player is asked to cover their own airfare, while the organizing team will provide room and board during the tournament.
The qualification tournament will be held on April 29, 2023 at the San Francisco Go Club (22 Peace Plaza #501, San Francisco, California). More details on the qualification tournament will be communicated directly to the registered players.
To register, please fill in this form before the end of April 2, 2023. For questions, contact Hajin Lee at <hajin.lee at usgo dot org>.
The below are details for the Shin-An World Baduk Masters:
- Schedule (June 20 – 24):
- June 20: Arrival
- June 21: Opening Ceremony and Drawing
- June 22: Top 16 & Top 8 Rounds
- June 23: Semi-Final & Final Rounds, Award Ceremony
- June 24: Departure
- Location: Shin-An, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
- Eligibility: Born on or before Dec. 31, 1978 (Over 45 years of age)
- Tournament Format: Single elimination
- Time Limit: 30 minutes, 60 seconds, 3 times
- Rules: KBA rules (komi 6.5 points)
- Winner: 30,000,000 KRW (about $23,000 USD)
- Runner-up: 15,000,000 KRW (about $11,500 USD)
- Semi-final losers: 8,000,000 KRW (about $6,000 USD)
- Top 8 losers: 4,000,000 KRW (about $3,000 USD)
- Top 16 losers: 2,000,000 KRW (about $1,500 USD)