The 21st World Student Go Championship will be held at the Nihon Ki-in in Tokyo from February 21 to February 22, 2023. The North American Go Federation is now accepting applications for one player to represent North America in this tournament.
Full airfare, accommodations and meals will be provided by the tournament organizing team.
- Must be a university student under the age of 30 at the time of the tournament.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a university in either Canada or the US. (Students who are studying outside these two countries as exchange students are not eligible.)
- Must be able to participate in the tournament in person. (Expected to be in Japan from February 20 to February 23, 2023. There will be a reception and pairing drawing on the 20th at 6:30 p.m. Must be able to arrive in time for the reception and drawing.)
- Must be an amateur player.
- Must be able to communicate in English or Japanese via email.
To submit your application, please fill out this application form by the end of December 11.
For questions, please contact Hajin Lee at <hajin dot lee at usgo dot org>.